Re: SSD gives disappointing speed up on OSX

От FarjadFarid\(ChkNet\)
Тема Re: SSD gives disappointing speed up on OSX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Whilst the problem with the old filing system is correct. May be you want to ring out the best out of your current set
up.

There are a few things you can do to improve these performance figures.

1) Turn off logging during insert.
2) Ensure logging is performed on a different disk than where db files.
3)Finally ensure read of insert statements and writes operations are on disks drives.

The last option should improve the performance figures as it *reduces* flushing of disk's cache in between operations.