Re: (A) native Windows port

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: (A) native Windows port
Дата
Re: (A) native Windows port  (Jean-Michel POURE <jm.poure@freesurf.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> As for project coordination, I am willing to setup and maintain a page
> similar to the (horribly outdated) ones that I did for Toast and RI.
> Summarizing project status, pointing to resources, instructions, maybe a
> roadmap, TODO, you name it.

I am willing to supply a complete, friendly, powerful and pretty installer
program, based on NSIS.

http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/nsis/index.jhtml

I suggest that pgAdmin is included in the install process.  Imagine it - a
win32 person downloads a single .exe, with contents bzip2'd.  They run the
installer, it asks them to agree to license, shows splash screen, asks them
where to install it, gets them to supply an installation password and
installs pgadmin.  It could set up a folder in their start menu with
start/stop, edit configs, uninstall and run pgadmin.

It would all work out of the box and would do wonderful things for the
Postgres community.

Chris