Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION

От Glen Parker
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
*chuckle* hey i thought you were supposed to know this stuff :-)
it does this ('service' just calls the init script...  its a redhat thing i
guess):

su -l -s /bin/sh postgres -c "LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmaster start >/dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null

now, if i do this:

su -l -s /bin/sh postgres -c "/usr/bin/postmaster -D $PGDATA"

(or something close) it works...  the postmaster starts without detaching
from the terminal and then the alternate location stuff works fine.

i'm looking at pg_ctl and so far i don't see any reason why the environment
would be getting munged in there.

glen

Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION
Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION