Using VISUAL BASIC with POSTGRESQL - Part One

От Sandro Yaqub Yusuf
Тема Using VISUAL BASIC with POSTGRESQL - Part One
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hello my dear friends...

I swallow one more collaboration to help those that as I want to use the VISUAL BASIC integrated with PostGresQL.

Once again I want to thank to all of this FORUM that directly or indirectly they help me with you doubt them that I have correspondent.

1 - To do a simple SELECT with PARAMETER in the DATABASE returning all of the ROWS and COLUMNS of the table USER, make the following:

In POSTGRESQL 8:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_user_search(int2)
  RETURNS SETOF user AS $BODY$

  SELECT * FROM user WHERE iduser = $1;

$BODY$
  LANGUAGE SQL;

In VISUAL BASIC 6 using ADO 2.8:

Dim adoBD As ADODB.Connection
Dim rsTB    As New ADODB.Recordset

Set adoBD = New ADODB.Connection

adoBD.ConnectionString = "driver=PostgreSQL};server=localhost;database=SICCEV;port=5432;uid=ryan;pwd=displace;"
adoBD.Open

Set rsTB = adoBD.Execute("select * from sp_user_search('1');")

Do While Not rsTB.EOF
      MsgBox tb!iduser & " - " & tb!user & " - " & tb!password & " - " & tb!fullname

      rsTB.MoveNext
Loop

rsTB.Close
adoBD.Close

RESULT OF EXECUTION: 1 - Sandro - 123 - Sandro Yaqub Yusuf

Coming soon: making INSERT in the DATABASE...

Sandroyy