Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Re: How to make a REALLY FAST db server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > >From what I gather from reading lkml, recent ATA standards do include
such
> > capabilities. Whether it is supports by the drivers, controllers and
disks
> > is another matter entirely. But it is there.
>
> The ATA system basically has the disk controller in the CPU while SCSI
> has commands that you send to the drive and the drive implements them.
> Not sure how you could implement tagged queueing with the ATA system.

  Or the "disconnect" feature that lets a device receive a request, then
release control of the bus and do it's own thing until it's ready to
respond.  AFAIK, once an IDE device has received a request, it can't
relinquish control of the bus until it's sent the answer back.

steve