Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL

От Hagen Finley
Тема Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL
Дата
Re: Adding German Character Set to PostgresSQL  (Hannes Erven <hannes@erven.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hannes,

The output of \l is:

gpdemo=# \l
                   List of databases
    Name    |  Owner  | Encoding |  Access privileges
------------+---------+----------+---------------------
 acn                | gpadmin | UTF8     |
 gpdemo      | gpadmin | UTF8     |
 philosophy | gpadmin | UTF8     |
 postgres     | gpadmin | UTF8     |
 template0  | gpadmin | UTF8     | =c/gpadmin  : gpadmin=CTc/gpadmin
 template1  | gpadmin | UTF8     | =c/gpadmin   : gpadmin=CTc/gpadmin

It would be easy enough to create a new database with a different encoding -
only one record in the one in question. However, it sounded as though you
don't believe that is the issue - that UTF8 ought to support the German
characters I want. Am I understanding you correctly?

Hagen