Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org ?

От Frank Lee
Тема Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org ?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
From: "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>
> Even if it starts as an e-mail list, I would very much like to have a web
form
> for employers to submit jobs, rather than submitting a free-form e-mail.

Having both available would be ideal. So far that I've seen, there hasn't
been
problems submitting free-form email on other mailling lists and it's been
very
effective for knowledgeable employers.

> Having a web form would hopefully:
> 1) decrease spamming for the list admin to deal with;

Very good point. Since I brought/revived this topic, I'm willing to do the
list admin work if that can be delegated to me.

> 2) force potential employers to fill out several fields instead of just
"We
> need a PostgreSQL DBA."

Though my emphasis is creating a jobs mailling list...
If there's a jobs website, I'd suggest making it as employer friendly as
possible considering employers have chosen PostgreSQL and do pay
PostgreSQL salaries...