Re: trigger question

От Furesz Peter
Тема Re: trigger question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello, maybe I have found a better solution.
In PostgreSQL 8.2 this current solution is not working properly, because I
got
"too many triggers on table tablename" error. This is the first thing. The
second problem
that if something go wrong between the disable and re-enable the trigger,
the trigger will
stay in disabled state, so we want to find a solution to disable the trigger
for the current session.
You have to put this line in postgresql.conf

custom_variable_classes = 'general'
This is a session variable. If this variable IS FALSE, I check it at TRIGGER
fire time and if it is false,
I allow the trigger to fire, if not I skip the trigger. If it is not set, I
set to FALSE at the trigger first line.
If something goes wrong, the trigger stay in disable for the current session
only.
For example:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "public"."tr_logolas" () RETURNS trigger AS
$body$
DECLARE
    v_tmp RECORD;
    a_trigger_disable BOOLEAN;
BEGIN
    SELECT NULLIF(current_setting('general.trigger_tmp'), '') AS trigger_tmp
INTO v_tmp;
    IF NOT FOUND OR v_tmp.trigger_tmp IS NULL THEN
        EXECUTE 'SET SESSION general.trigger_tmp=FALSE';
        a_trigger_disable := FALSE;
    ELSE
        a_trigger_disable := v_tmp.trigger_tmp;
    END IF;
    -- ******** END OF SETTING UP TRIGGER ******************
    IF TG_OP='DELETE' THEN
        --disabling trigger
        EXECUTE 'SET SESSION general.trigger_tmp=TRUE';

        UPDATE sulyozas
        SET torolve = TRUE
        WHERE sulyozas_id = OLD . sulyozas_id;
        --enabling trigger
        EXECUTE 'SET SESSION general.trigger_tmp=FALSE';
    END IF;

    IF TG_OP='UPDATE' AND a_trigger_disable IS FALSE THEN
        --Do something here
    END IF;
END;