Re: [ADMIN] pgpool + BDR, is it possible?

От Ruth Melendo
Тема Re: [ADMIN] pgpool + BDR, is it possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Ok, I will try to explain my environment.

I want to have a high availability environment in active/active mode. I´m building a cluster with 2 or more nodes, with Apache and JBOSS. Apache works as proxy and balancer and JBOSS serves my application. I have high availability in JBOSS thanks to mod_proxy. But, from application layer, each node needs to connect to database (Postgresql and PostGIS).

NODE (1-N)

·         Apache (active/passive)

·         Mod_cluster

·         JBOSS (active/active)

·         PostgreSQL + PostGIS (active/active)

The way I´m working now is that each node connects to its own database. I have solved the high availability problem in JBOSS but not in PostgreSQL because in my node JBOSS may be down but PostgreSQL may be up and the other way. I was thinking about connecting from application to the pgpool IP from all nodes and this problem would be solved.

And about Barman, tried to use it just for backups but BDR just work fine for me (based on the tests I´ve done) in logical replication and Barman need physical one.

About Barman, to restore database

1.- Stop nodes

2.- Disable BDR in node 1

3.- Backup node 1