Re: Marking a Column for Special Use

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Marking a Column for Special Use
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Can you make use of “COMMENT ON …”?

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Terry Lee Tucker
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:25 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Marking a Column for Special Use

Greetings:

I have a scenario in which it would be quite convenient to mark about 20 existing columns in a table such that I can select those fields programatically, based on my flag, for some specialized processing. What I am trying to avoid is storing a list of columns somehere. Is there something like a "user area" in the underlying tables that define a column that could be safely utilized for this purpose?

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3 on Red Hat.

TIA

--

Terry Tucker