Re: A Better Way? (Multi-Left Join Lookup)

От David Johnston
Тема Re: A Better Way? (Multi-Left Join Lookup)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Understood and agree.  It isn't like the proper estimates cannot be gotten -
it just is less than syntactically beautiful to do so.

Maybe a documentation patch instead of a code patch would be in order to at
least give people of chance to learn about the inconsistent behavior before
it bites them in 8.3 to 9.1?  For me personally I read and learned about the
function row estimate property and didn't make the connection between the
fact I knew I was using the default of 1000 and the planner was telling me
it was only using 1.

Thank you for your responsiveness on this.

David J.