Re: With Function 'Chr', is it a bug?

От Wang Haiyong
Тема Re: With Function 'Chr', is it a bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are two select statement  with using Function chr(0), I don't know, are they both right ? I think that they are
inconsistent.

Thanks

[postgres@db2 ~]$ psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

postgres=# select 'abc' || chr(0) || 'abc'  as col;col
-----abc
(1 row)

postgres=# select length('abc' || chr(0) || 'abc')  as col; col
-----  7
(1 row)

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) is intended only
forthe use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of Neusoft Group Ltd., its subsidiaries
and/orits affiliates. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding,
printing,storing, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communicationin error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all
copiesfrom your system. Thank you.