Re: "Connection refused"

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: "Connection refused"
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Vernon,

Presuming you are running on linux do a netstat -nlp | grep 5432 and you
should find a listening connection on port 5432, if you don't then you
have to start postgres with the -I flag, or set the option tcpip_socket
in the postgresql.conf file to true and restart postgres.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Vernon Wu
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:47 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] "Connection refused"

Hi,

I am very new to PostgreSQL's jdbc. After following the installation and
configure instructure of
http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/, I get an error message
"***Exception: Connection refuled. Check that
the hotname and port is correct, and that the postmaster is running with
the -i flag, which enables TCP/IP networking"
when I run the test program. What I am missed here?

Thanks in advance.

v.