quote_literal Simple question

От David Gagnon
Тема quote_literal Simple question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

  I did a stored procedure and ran into this small problem.

Here itemIdValue may be null and I would have expected quote_literal to
returns null as a string or the value quoted.  For now I think it returns a
real null.  This causes my function to crash.

insertStatement:= ''INSERT INTO IL ( ILNUM, ILTYPE, ILICNUM, ILRRNUM, ILQTE,
ILPRIX, ts ) VALUES ( '' || idValue ||'', ''|| typeValue ||'','';
        insertStatement:= insertStatement ||
      quote_literal(itemIdValue) || '','';
        insertStatement:= insertStatement ||

I haven't found an existing function to handle this case and I hate
reinventing the Wheel... Is there a function that already handles that?

For now I worked around this by using the COALESCE function.

COALESCE(quote_literal(itemIdValue),'' null'') || '','';
        insertStatement:= insertStatement ||

Thanks for your help

/David