Re: Boolean type

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Boolean type
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
No, this would be a bug. Can you try the latest jar from
jdbc.postgresql.org. If the problem persists, then we can address  it.

Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Nortje, Jacques
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 12:30 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Boolean type

I use the Java EJB2.0 standards for creating entitiy beans which are
persisted to a PostGreSQL database.  I create an entity bean with a
boolean attribute with value 'true'.  In the database the record is
inserted and the field value is set to 1. When I retrieve the entity
bean attributes with a findByPrimaryKey() finder method, the
getAttribute() result is 'false' for the inserted 'true' value.  Is this
a type mapping/conversion setting that needs to be set for the
application server (JBoss 3.0-alpha) or does it have to do with the JDBC
driver I am using ( I use the driver that came with the Cygwin package,
ie postgresql.jar)?

Thanks and regards.

Jacques Nortjé

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster