Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:39 PM Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> > On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:26 PM Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> review below.
> >    Thanks for the review.

> fixing
> still
> commands

> objections:
> 'value'};

> file.
> compatability
> in
> PGC_BACKEND
> >   >>  If I change these parameters directly in postgresql.conf and
> then do
> will
> >> I can't reproduce this error under Linux (Fedora 19/x86_64).
> >> The bug might be somewhere else and not caused by your patch
> >> if manually adding/removing "log_connections = on" from
> postgresql.conf
> >> exhibits the same behaviour under Windows. (If I read it correctly,
> >> you tested it exactly this way.) Does the current GIT version behave
> >> the same way?
> > Yes, the current Git has problem which I had reported in below mail:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/message-
> id/009801ce68f7$3a746340$af5d29c0$@kapila@
> > huawei.com
> >
> > This problem is not related to this patch, it occurs only on WINDOWS
> or
> > under EXEC_BACKEND flag.
> > I think we can discuss this problem in above mail thread.
> >

> >> * Have all the bases been covered?
> >> According to the above note under Windows, not yet.
> >> The name "persistent.auto.conf" is not yet set in stone.
> >> postgresql.auto.conf might be better.
> > I think, the decision of name, we can leave to committer with below
> > possibilities,
> > as it is very difficult to build consensus on any particular name.
> >
> > Auto.conf
> > System.auto.conf
> > Postgresql.auto.conf
> > Persistent.auto.conf
> >
> >> Apply the patch, compile it and test:
> >
> >> * Does it follow the project coding guidelines?
> >> Mostly, yes. Some nits, though. At some places, you do:
> >> - ParseConfigFile(ConfigFileName, NULL, true, 0, elevel, &head,
> &tail);
> >> + ParseConfigFile(ConfigFileName, NULL, true, 0, elevel, &head,
> > &tail,NULL);
> >
> > I think you mean ParseConfigFp()?
>
> Sorry, yes.
>

> > without a space between the last comma and the NULL keyword.
> >
> >> Also, in the comment above ParseConfigFile() there are unnecessary
> >> white space changes and spaces at the end of the line.
> > Do you mean to say whitespaces in below text?
> >
> > !  * and absolute-ifying the path name if necessary.
> >
> > !  *
> > !  * While parsing, it records if it has parsed persistent.auto.conf
> file.
> > !  * This information can be used by the callers to ensure if the
> parameters
> > !  * set by ALTER SYSTEM SET command will be effective.
> [...]

I think pgindent doesn't work on .l file, in anycase I had corrected it
manually.
Find the updated patch attached with this mail.

Kindly let me know if there is anything more needs to be done for this
patch.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: extensible external toast tuple support & snappy prototype
Сообщение: Re: extensible external toast tuple support & snappy prototype