Re: question on backends

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: question on backends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
libpq has a function pconnect as opposed to connect that will do it.  PHP and most other interfaces will let you use persistent connections.

Chris
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] question on backends

How?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 12:36 PM

Just use persistent connections.

Chris
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 5:32 PM
Subject: [HACKERS] question on backends

Hi all
As I understand every time there is a request to postgres a new backend is made, and when the request is finished, even if the connection is already active the backend dies. I wonder if is there any parameter that allow backends to remain beyond a transaction. Creating a new backend every time a transaction is made means forking the code and reallocating sort_memory. Although it is not a high resource usage, on short transactions as OLTPs it is a relevant work time, I think it would be interesting that a predefined number of backends were allowed to remain active beyond the transaction.
Thanks and Regards

Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?