Re: tsearch2 in postgresql 8.3.1 - invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc3

От patrick
Тема Re: tsearch2 in postgresql 8.3.1 - invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xc3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Can you identify which row(s) are causing this problem? If we have the
> value that's causing this, someone can reproduce it.

i have only 1 row:
46; "the product name"; "the description";

i don't see any specials chars or accents.

knowing that some of my clients are french, should i use LATIN9 as database
encoding / client encoding? or maybe it's because of the LOCALE
(French/Canada)?

here's the code again:
ALTER TABLE product ADD COLUMN search_vector tsvector;
CREATE INDEX idx_search_vector ON product USING gist(search_vector);
UPDATE product SET search_vector = setweight(to_tsvector(name), 'A') ||
to_tsvector(description);

pat