pg_restore problems?

От David Wall
Тема pg_restore problems?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In testing db recovery, I backed up a database using the command:

pg_dump -b -Fc tssd_2000 > tssd_2000.dump

I then dropped the tssd_2000 database.

When trying to restore the database, the -v option seems to show all of the
schema creates and loads, but at the end, the database does not exist.  I'm
using the command:

pg_restore -v --clean --create tssd_2000.dump

But nothing was there.  I tried to just do a CREATE DATABASE tssd_2000
first, but then I get an error about the database being there already.  So I
dropped it again, and tried to just restore the schema with:

pg_restore -v -s tssd_2000.dump

Again, it looks like everything is going okay, but when it's done, there's
no database to be found.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
David