Re: Link to bug webpage

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Link to bug webpage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > but there wasn't enough interest for someone to take on
> > > the maintenance.
> >
> > We need someone willing to be a kibo. Or is that too arcane a reference?
>
> Gotta admit, I haven't heard that in a while.  But I think I'm nearing
> a solution.  Stay tuned.

I don't know what a kibo is, but I would be willing to put in some time
helping maintaing a bug reporting system.  One of the helpful things with
bugzilla setup with some other big projects is that the bug gets assigned to
a developer and the bug submitter gets emailed updates any time there is a
status change.

I agree that a bug database is not a replacement for the mailing lists, but
I do think it could serve the project well if it is done correctly.  I think
most uses look for a bugzilla type bug reporting tool these days.