Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

От terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Тема Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This web developer for both internet and intranet applications, who does
both connectionless and simulated connection oriented applications, uses
PostgreSQL WHERE EVER POSSIBLE.  If I ever have issues with load, there are
much better ways of getting performance then choosing a less capable
database for its trimness  (eg horsepower and memory are cheap, dedicated
servers are cheap, and better table design/layout/indexes usually will fix
ANY databases slowness where mass volume is not the issue).

I train all my programmers on ONE db architecture, I have to maintain only
ONE db architecture on all my servers, and the db I have chosen does
everything that even my most complex job needs to do.  (Now that 7.2.1
supports OUTER JOINS).

Terry Fielder
Network Engineer
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes