Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Дата
Ответы ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, June 06, 2013 10:22 PM Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>
> wrote:
> > On Monday, May 27, 2013 4:17 PM Amit Kapila wrote:
> >> On Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:55 AM Amit Kapila wote:
> >>

> > There are 2 options to proceed for this patch for 9.4
> >
> > 1. Upload the SET PERSISTENT syntax patch for coming CF by fixing
> existing
> > review comments
> > 2. Implement new syntax ALTER SYSTEM as proposed in below mail
> >
> > Could you suggest me what could be best way to proceed for this
> patch?
>
> I'm still in favor of some syntax involving ALTER, because it's still
> true that this behaves more like the existing GUC-setting commands
> that use ALTER (which change configuration for future sessions) rather
> the ones that use SET (which change the current settings for some
> period of time).

I will change the patch as per below syntax if there are no objections:
ALTER SYSTEM SET configuration_parameter {TO | =} {value, | 'value'};

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.