Re: Problem with security

От Gregory Wood
Тема Re: Problem with security
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Problem with securitypg_hba.conf in the database directory has the login
permissions.

Sounds like you have "trust" permissions, and you want "password". Should be
pretty self-explanatory once you open that file.

Greg

----- Original Message -----
From: Troy.Campano@LibertyMutual.com
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 1:26 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Problem with security

Maybe this is an easy one but,

I've created a user called 'ebstrack' and they own a database called
'ebs_dd'.

When I'm on a different server than the database server, and I do this at a
unix prompt:

$> psql ebs_dd -U ebstrack --host=archer

It logs me in without a password, and I am able to SELECT off the tables.

Any idea on how to prevent this?

Thanks!

Troy Campano
[:==> Troy Campano <==:]
Database (Request Manager/web/database)
http://intranet:3000/infosys/infra/software/database/dbapp/
http://intranet2/reqman/
Microsoft gave you Windows, UNIX the whole house.