Re: preloading indexes

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: preloading indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
The best way to get all the stuff needed by a query into RAM is to run the query.  Is it more that you want to 'pin' the data in RAM so it doesn't get overwritten by other queries?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of stuff@opensourceonline.com
Sent: 03 November 2004 17:31
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [PERFORM] preloading indexes

I am working with some pretty convoluted queries that work very slowly the first time they’re called but perform fine on the second call. I am fairly certain that these differences are due to the caching. Can someone point me in a direction that would allow me to pre-cache the critical indexes?

Сообщение: preloading indexes