Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client

От Stefan Viljoen
Тема Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Дата
Ответ на Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Faith, Jeremy" <jfaith@tycoint.com>)
Ответы Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Jeremy

>I think your /etc/hosts file is fine but just to be certain you could try
> psql -h 127.0.0.1 ...
>if this works it is probably NOT the problem.

Ok, tried this - psql -works-?

---
[root@jhbasterisk ~]# psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U asteriskcdruser -d asteriskcdrdb
psql (9.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

asteriskcdrdb=>
---

So that blows my theory out of the water - postgres clearly is listening via
IPV4 on 127.0.0.1 and accepts the connection (my hba file currently has
"trust" on all lines, so no password is requested.)

Putting all the lines in the hba.conf to "md5" asks for a password for the
above step, but STILL works, and isql still fails with the exact same error
it constantly fails with.

All I can surmise is that the unixODBC drivers are incapable due to some
protocol difference or mismatch in connecting to the pgsql driver supplied
with Postgres 9.4 as there apparently is no error in my configuration or
installation of either.

BTW MariaDB 10.0.20 ver 15.1 / MySQL works perfectly via unixODBC on the
same physical box I'm finding it impossible to get postgres 9.4 ODBC access
working on.

So I'm reasonably sure the unixODBC infrastructure IS installed correctly
and is working...

Last resort is probably to start tcpdump'ing and try and ferret out just
what isql is "saying" that Postgres 9.4's ODBC drivers don't "understand"?

But that is going to take such an enormous amount of effort it might be
better to just downgrade pg and if that fails abandon postgres entirely and
try to use MySQL (which is slower and IMO much more limited).

In an ideal situation I'd install Centos 7 which has newer unixODBC drivers
(I suppose) but I have to get this working on a deployed machine that can't
just be sunk for several hours.

Thanks,

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client