Re: Temporary Table

От Christian Paul B. Cosinas
Тема Re: Temporary Table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I am creating a temporary table in every function that I execute.
Which I think is bout 100,000 temporary tables a day.

What is the command for vacuuming these 3 tables?

Also I read about the auto vacuum of postgresql.
How can I execute this auto vacuum or the settings in the configuration?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvaro Nunes Melo [mailto:al_nunes@atua.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:58 AM
To: Christian Paul B. Cosinas
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Temporary Table

Hi Christian,

Christian Paul B. Cosinas wrote:

> Does Creating Temporary table in a function and NOT dropping them
> affects the performance of the database?

I believe it will depend on how many temporary tables you will create in a
daily basis. We had a performance problem caused by them, and by not
monitoring properly the database size. The pg_attribite, pg_class and
pg_depend tables grow a lot. When I found out that this was the problem I
saw some messages in the list archieve, and now the overall performance is
great.

What I do is daily run VACUUM FULL and REINDEX in this three tables.

Alvaro

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Outer join query plans and performance
От: Sidar López Cruz
Сообщение: blue prints please