Re: PostgreSQL and C#

От Daniel Morgan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and C#
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Yes, there are three alternatives to Microsoft .NET Framework:

Mono C# and CLR which works on Windows and Linux at:

http://www.go-mono.com/

Portable.NET which works on Linux at

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html

Rotor which is Microsoft’s shared source C# and CLR available for Windows and FreeBSD:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/Dndotnet/html/mssharsourcecli.asp?frame=true

I’m currently working on Mono right now.  Those guys are moving pretty fast – they already have a C# compiler that can compile itself on its own CLR under Linux and Windows.  There are people working on the C# bindings to gtk/gnome and qt/kde.  Rodrigo Moya is working on the database access (System.Data etc) in Mono C#.  The first provider we are working on is the PostgreSQL provider.  After that is working, we will create other providers.

Want to help?