Re: Stored procedures/functions that can return recordsets...

От Remigius Stalder
Тема Re: Stored procedures/functions that can return recordsets...
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Peter,

The description of how to return record sets can be found here (sorry, but
although I am not directly interested in returning record sets, I looked
into the manual and found this passage in five minutes):

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/plpgsql-cursors.
html

(near the bottom, section 19.7.3.3. Returning Cursors)
However, if that does not help, I can't provide further assistance.

By the way - what is the difference between "functions" and "procedures" ?
In my understanding, the PL/pgSQL functions ARE what is in other DBMSes
called stored procedures, although they are not called so. If this is not
the case, I would be interested in the difference of PL/pgSQL functions and
"real" stored procedures. Of course I don't mean differences in the
procedural language, because these languages are not standardized anywhay.

Best regards, Remigius.