Re: Re: SELECT (sometimes) returning Zero Rows? Fixed, sort of...

От Dan Wilson
Тема Re: Re: SELECT (sometimes) returning Zero Rows? Fixed, sort of...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have found that switching to pg_connect from pg_pconnect has caused the
> problem to go away. I have been unable to reproduce the problem using
> pr_connect. And switching back to pg_pconnect, I find the problem starts
> again.

This is a known problem with the persistent connections through PHP.  IIRC,
we have someone working on this directly in PHP.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

> I find this odd, but I am hoping the knowledge of the folks on this list
> might be able to enlighten me as to why this could be. Are there major
> disadvantages to using connect instead of persistent connect?

Because of the above mentioned problems, I have never used persisten
connections, and I don't see much of a lag.  I suppose it all depends on
your resources.

-Dan