How to Access the MS SQL Server via ODBC from Redhat Linux

От Xiang Zhang
Тема How to Access the MS SQL Server via ODBC from Redhat Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello, Folks:

I really appreciate if someone could give me some great advice about the ODBC access to MS SQL Server from Redhat Linux. It might be a little off the mainstream of this forum.

I have no problem with the PostgreSQL ODBC access to the Postgresql DB.
What if I would like to access the MS SQL Server DB across the network with my original Postgresql ODBC calls??
Do I need a 3rd party "bridge-like" software before I can port the original Postgresql ODBC
DB layer code to successfully access the MS SQL Server ??
Do I miss anything before accessing MS SQL Server via ODBC calls from Linux ?

Thank you so much for any help and advice.

Cheers
Xiang Zhang