Re: EBCDIC sorting as a use case for ICU rules

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: EBCDIC sorting as a use case for ICU rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> You can use whitespace in the rules.  For example,
>
> CREATE COLLATION ebcdic (provider='icu', locale='und',
> rules=$$

Nice, it's clearly better that the piece of code I had in the
previous patch.
It can also be made more compact by grouping consecutive
code points, for instance <*a-r for 'a' to 'r'
I changed it that way, and also moved '^' before '[' and ']',
since according to [1], '^' is at location 0xB0 and '[' and ']'
at 0xBA and 0xBB.

Updated patch attached.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBCDIC#Code_page_layout

Best regards,