Re: How to automatically propagate new/changed database functions from one database to another

От Atul Chojar
Тема Re: How to automatically propagate new/changed database functions from one database to another
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Could you give some examples of such utilities?

Thanks!
atul

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joshua D. Drake
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:37 PM
To: Atul Chojar
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] How to automatically propagate new/changed database
functions from one database to another

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 13:12 -0400, Atul Chojar wrote:
> We want to implement a mechanism by which if any database function is
> created or modified in one database, then the same should
> automatically get done in another (1 or more) database(s).
>

> It seems triggers on system catalogs like pg_proc are not allowed. Is
> there any way in postgres to do this, by some other way?

This is the wrong away to go about it. You should put this into your
development process not within the database itself. There are a number
of utilities that would allow you to do such a thing.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/