PostgreSQL JDBC Driver versus Encoding

От João Paulo Pires
Тема PostgreSQL JDBC Driver versus Encoding
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL JDBC Driver versus Encoding  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I have a PostgreSQL database which encoding is SQL_ASCII.

I inserted information into that database from a MySQL database, using Java code, which encoding is UTF-8, and the information in the destination database has some strange characters related with encoding problems.

There is any additional parameter that we can consider in the PostrgreSQL connection string to deal with those problems?

The problem should be related with the encoding used to connect to MySQL database?

Best regards,

João Paulo Pires

Developer

Вложения