Re: Looking for help

От Cornelia Boenigk
Тема Re: Looking for help
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi Joseph

> but What happens
> if I only want to select a couple of fields.
Then you tell the server which fields you want to select;-)

SELECT field1, field2, ... , fieldn FROM table ...

> how do you select from a table that is not all lower case
what do you mean? what is not all lower case?
PostgreSQL returns the contents of the fields as they are. If you need
the results to be in lower case use
SELECT lower(fieldx), lower(field2),... FROM table
respectively
SELECT upper(field1), upper(field2), ... FROM table.

See chapter 4.4 of the PostgreSQL user's Guide for more.

The PHP-Functions to change case are strtoupper() and strtolower().

Hope it helps

Regards
Conni