RE: [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] é converted in Ã(c)

От Laurent Schweizer
Тема RE: [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] é converted in Ã(c)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

I think that I’m correct with the  client encoding as the “SHOW client_encoding” return UTF8 no ?

Laurent

De : pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] De la part de Dave Cramer
Envoyé : samedi 9 février 2013 00:01
À : Kevin Grittner
Cc : Laurent Schweizer; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Objet : [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] Re: [JDBC] é converted in Ã(c)

The JDBC driver only knows one encoding. Are you using it to retrieve the data as well ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

Laurent Schweizer <laurent.schweizer@peoplefone.com> wrote:

> I have an issue with special character like é.

> I have as server postgres 9.2, I have created a new DB , encoding
> utf8
>
> Client is a very simple test class that:
> 1)      update  a varchar value
> 2)      read the same value and print them
>
> If I update the varchar with a special character like “é”  the
> value in the DB is correct ( I check them with another software )
> but when I read them from my simple java class  the value is not
> correct and the é is converted in é
>
> I have added to the connection string the option:
> ?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8
>
> And if I do a : "SHOW client_encoding;” I get  UTF8

It is behaving as though the client is using a character encoding
other than UTF8 -- some sort of 8-bit encoding, probably.  You must
set client_encoding to match.

-Kevin