Re: Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?

От Jonathan Brinkman
Тема Re: Read MS-SQL data into Postgres via ODBC link?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks

I’m importing into Postgresql 8.4.8 from MSSQL 2005.

I do not have control over the MSSQL server, it is at a customer’s site. I only have access to read-only views on their server, from which I replicate the data to my postgres staging tables.

I cannot have the MSSQL server do anything like create .csv files, since it’s not my server and the customer will not do that kind of thing (or create DTS scripts, etc. from the PUSH side).

I’m hoping there is a way I can simply SELECT from an ODBC source and use that SELECT as part of a Postgres INSERT statement.

I don’t use MySQL for anything.

Thanks much for your response!