Re: timestamps

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: timestamps
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish@cwgsy.net>
Cc: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 12:39 AM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] timestamps

> Donald Fraser wrote:
>
> > pgAdmin III July 16th
> >
> > I noticed a change in the display of "timestamp" data types.
> > Most of my timestamp columns are defined as: "timestamp (0) without
> > time zone"
> > For a while pgAdmin III displayed this as "timestamp (-4)" but now
> > it displays as "timestamp (0)",  which is a step forward.
> >
> > My question: is it planned for pgAdmin III to be displaying timestamps
> > correctly with respect to time zones?
> >
> > Regards
> > Donald Fraser.
> >

> PostgreSQL's official name is just timestamp(0), "without time zone" is
> just decoration that's removed on creation.
> with timezone is called timestamptz.
> These type names are read from internal PostgreSQLs tables.

timestamp didn't use to work that way, but having now read the latest
documentation I note the following:
"Note: Prior to PostgreSQL 7.3, writing just timestamp was equivalent to
timestamp with time zone. This was changed for SQL spec compliance"

Thanks for clearing that one up.
Regards
Donald Fraser.

Сообщение: Re: Error on most recent slackware build
Сообщение: Re: Error on most recent slackware build