Re: Fixed width rows faster?

От Eric Jain
Тема Re: Fixed width rows faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> This is bogus reasoning.  The limit on index entry length will not
> change when you rebuild the index.

What I meant by 'rebuilding' was not issuing a REINDEX command, but
creating a new index after having dropped the index and inserted
whatever records. Building indexes can be slow, and I'd rather not have
the operation fail after several hours because record #98556761 is
deemed to be too long for indexing...

While we are busy complaining, it's a pity Postgres doesn't allow us to
disable and later recreate all indexes on a table using a single command
;-)