RFC: automatic "lastchange" timestamp updater module

От Richard Huxton
Тема RFC: automatic "lastchange" timestamp updater module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A little while ago there was a question about how to automatically update a
timestamp so I drafted the attached code.

NOTE - you need 7.1beta to use the attached code and plpgsql enabled on your
db.

I'm interested in any comments on the attached before I submit it for
possible inclusion in contrib/ (or wherever).

I'm especially interested in any comments on the readme/tutorial from
newbies who haven't experimented with plpgsql before (like me a few weeks
ago). Is it clear enough? Would you prefer HTML?

Also - any special requests for another module? I was thinking of some
functions to provide friendlier access to the system tables (index details,
triggers on a table etc)

PS - developers - where should I submit this stuff to if people like it?
pgsql-doc?

TIA

- Richard Huxton

Вложения