Re: Vacuum and Owner

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Vacuum and Owner
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Matt Friedman" <matt@daart.ca>

> I run as user "spry" on psql, I created the database as "spry" but when I
> run vacuum, all the system tables get skipped because "spry" is not the
> owner. Is there a way to fully vacuum my db and the system tables as a
user
> other than "postgres"?

Don't think this is possible. You could grant the relevant permissions to
user spry but that's probably not a good idea.

> Is is very important that the system tables are "vaccumed" in addition to
my
> db tables?

Depends how much activity there is in the system tables. If you are
creating/dropping lots of tables/functions etc then they'll need vacuuming
regularly. In general, I'd guess most people need to vacuum system tables
much less often than their data tables.

Perhaps set up a weekly cron job to vacuum the system tables as user
postgres.

- Richard Huxton