FW: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема FW: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Forwarding to list.

-----Original Message-----
From: ajmcello [mailto:ajmcello78@gmail.com]
Sent: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 07:05
To: Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]

There are no connections except one cli when running the query. After that finishes then I get connection refused  or
cannotconnect
to server due to load increasing because of server connections. But I'm more interested in tuning the server for better
query
response time. Is there anything in the configuration that would help?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 29, 2016, at 7:35 PM, Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> wrote:
>
> Hello

information.Here the
questions that come to my mind.

> What errors do you get from the server when you reach the 500 connections?
>
> How long does it take to run the query without heavy load, e.g. just one user connected?
>
> \timing on
> query
>
> How does the execution plan look like? There you may see if the index is used at all.
>
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE query;
>
>> I have a GIST index for the table. I tried btree, but according to performance tests, GIST was faster. So I went
>> with GIST.
>>
>> The system drive and pgsql drive are separate. I can separate them further if need to be. Total ram is 56GB. I added
>> 32GB of swap.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to speed up the SELECT statement?
>
> Could you provide the statement and the table definition?
>
>> Here is what I have:
>>
>> [sysctl.conf]
>> net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=1
>> net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=1
>> net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=1
>> net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
>> net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1
>> net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects=0
>> net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_redirects=0
>> net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_source_route=0
>> net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_source_route=0
>> net.ipv4.conf.all.log_martians=1
>> kernel.sysrq=0
>> kernel.shmmax=2147483999999
>> kernel.shmall=2097159999999
>> #32GBkernel.shmmax=17179869184
>> #32GBkernel.shmall=4194304
>> kernel.shmmni=999999999
>> kernel.shmmin=1
>> kernel.shmseg=10
>> semmsl, semmns, semopm, semmni kernel.sem=250 32000 100 128
>> fs.file-max=65536
>> kern.maxfiles=50000
>> kern.maxfilesperproc=50000
>> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range=1024 65535
>> net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1
>> net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout=10
>> net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse=1
>> net.core.rmem_max=16777216
>> net.core.wmem_max=16777216
>> net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog=4096
>> net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=1
>> kernel.sched_migration_cost_ns=5000000
>> kernel.sched_migration_cost_ns=5000000
>> kernel.sched_autogroup_enabled=0
>> vm.swappiness=10
>>

> Here are some helpful informations on the settings below:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server
>
> I am not really the big expert, but 100'000 max_connections and work_mem of 100MB seems to me to be a problem:
>
> From the link mentioned right above:
>
> "This size (work_mem) is applied to each and every sort done by each user, and complex queries can use multiple
workingmemory
sort buffers. Set it to 50MB, and have 30 users submitting queries, and you are soon using 1.5GB of real memory."

> This is:
> SELECT * FROM pg_size_pretty((50.0*(2^20)*30.0)::BIGINT);
> -[ RECORD 1 ]--+--------
> pg_size_pretty | 1500 MB
>
> Applied to your settings:
>
> SELECT * FROM pg_size_pretty((100.0*(2^20)*100000.0)::BIGINT);
> -[ RECORD 1 ]--+--------
> pg_size_pretty | 9766 GB
>
> This could explain the errors you get from the server. You may be trying to use much more memory than you have.
>
> Regards
> Charles
>
>> [postgresql.conf]
>> max_connections = 100000
>> max_files_per_process = 1000000
>> shared_buffers = 24GB
>> max_locks_per_transaction  = 1000
>> effective_cache_size = 50GB
>> work_mem = 100MB
>> maintenance_work_mem = 2GB
>> log_min_duration_statement = 10000
>> checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
>> wal_buffers = 32MB
>> default_statistics_target = 100
>> listen_addresses = '*'
>> port = 5432
>> ssl = off
>> wal_sync_method = fdatasync
>> synchronous_commit = on
>> fsync = off
>> wal_level = minimal
>> #client_min_messages = fatal
>> #log_min_messages = fatal
>> #log_min_error_statement = fatal
>> datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
>> debug_pretty_print = off
>> debug_print_parse = off
>> debug_print_plan = off
>> debug_print_rewritten = off
>> default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'
>> enable_bitmapscan = on
>> enable_hashagg = on
>> enable_hashjoin = on
>> enable_indexonlyscan = on
>> enable_indexscan = on
>> enable_material = on
>> enable_mergejoin = on
>> enable_nestloop = on
>> enable_seqscan = on
>> enable_sort = on
>> enable_tidscan = on
>> from_collapse_limit = 8
>> geqo = on
>> geqo_threshold = 12
>> log_checkpoints = off
>>
>> log_connections = off
>> log_disconnections = off
>> log_duration = off
>> log_executor_stats = off
>> log_hostname = off
>> log_parser_stats = off
>> log_planner_stats = off
>> log_replication_commands = off
>> log_statement_stats = off
>> log_timezone = 'UTC'
>> max_wal_size = 1GB
>> min_wal_size = 80MB
>> shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/dbms_pipe,$libdir/edb_gen'
>> stats_temp_directory = 'pg_stat_tmp'
>> timezone = 'US/Pacific'
>> track_activities = on
>> track_counts = on
>> track_io_timing = off
>>

>> Thanks in advance.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] performance tuning postgresql 9.5.5.10 [enterprisedb]