R: Postgres 8.3-dev

От Paolo Saudin
Тема R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thanks for the suggestions,

the directory is removed automatically by the installer, and I looked in the registry for any PostgreSQL 8.3 related key with no success, there are lot of keys from previous versions but no one about 8.3-dev.  on the VMware XP Home clean machine there is nothing but the OS installed. I’ll keep trying !!

Thanks anyway,

Paolo

Da: Prashant Ranjalkar [mailto:prashant.ranjalkar@gmail.com]
Inviato: lunedì 7 maggio 2007 12.06
A: Paolo Saudin
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Oggetto: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 8.3-dev

Hello,

Remove Postgres directory from the your drive and also entries from Registry. Reboot and try

regards
Prashant Ranjalkar

On 5/2/07, Paolo Saudin <paolo@ecometer.it> wrote:

I am trying out postgresql-8.3-dev1 on Windows XP SP2 and during the installation, I get the following error during the database cluster initialization :

Here the log from initdb.log file :

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "SYSTEM".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory C:/Programmi/PostgreSQL/8.3-dev1/data ... ok

creating subdirectories ... ok

selecting default max_connections ... 100

selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 32MB/204800

creating configuration files ... ok

creating template1 database in C:/Programmi/PostgreSQL/8.3-dev1/data/base/1 ... ok

initializing pg_authid ... ok

setting password ... ok

initializing dependencies ... ok

creating system views ... ok

creating conversions ... child process exited with exit code 1

initdb: removing data directory "C:/Programmi/PostgreSQL/8.3-dev1/data"

Paolo Saudin