Re: While Using COPY COMMAND ...

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: While Using COPY COMMAND ...
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
From: "Bhuvan A" <bhuvanbk@yahoo.com>

> hello sirs,,
>
> I am using PSQL client. I can able to copy the contents of a
> table to '/tmp/' directory. But Why can't i able to copy
> contents of a table to my home directory?
>
> But, i can redirect the output of a command (\o) to a file
> in my home directory..  How it gets succeed while the prev.
> doesn't????
>
> For your clarifications, here is the workflow.
>

> bhuvan=# copy f_addr_phones with oids to
> '/home/bhuvan/fap-table';
> ERROR:  COPY command, running in backend with effective uid
> 1015, could not open file '/home/bhuvan/fap-table' for

The "copy" command runs in the backend as user postgres (uid 1015) who quite
rightly doesn't have access to your home directory

Look into \copy instead - that acts from the client, so has your
permissions.

HTH

- Richard Huxton

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: ConnecDB() -- couldn't send SSL negotiation packet:
Сообщение: Re: ConnecDB() -- couldn't send SSL negotiation packet: