Re: Re: [DOCS] QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Re: [DOCS] QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> For a long time, I thougt HOWTO is docuement for "quick start". Isn't it?

I'm not sure there is an understood meaning of what a HOWTO actually it.
It's an explanation of how to do something, I guess... Generally I've found
(as in your example) that it's putting software together and making it work,
like Apache/SSL/Frontpage/something -- for that there is no single document
that describes how to set it up. I really don't think the PostgreSQL
installation guide could get much more simple -- why re-invent the wheel
here?

-Mitch