Re: delete cascade question

От Philippe Salama
Тема Re: delete cascade question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

I am just a beginner with SQL and pgsql, but one of my textbooks suggests that, if the table is not too large, one may make a copy of it, and test such things as deletes, before one does the delete on the live table.  And I think there is a way to do it as a transaction, and not complete it until you are certain of the results. Hope these suggestions from a beginner are of some help.

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Bradley Russell
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 11:27 AM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] delete cascade question

I'm using libpq and the PQexec function.  I am trying to figure out if I execute a delete query on a table that has dependent tables with on delete cascade set. Will the result return before or after the cascade is finished?

I'm not having any luck finding anything in the docs as I am not sure on the right terminology to use for this.

Thanks for any help!

Brad