Cancelled statement due to lost connection

От Frances Collier
Тема Cancelled statement due to lost connection
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have implemented an ASP.Net page on one box that has successfully connected to my PostgreSQL database on another. Both boxes are running Windows Server 2003. I am using the Npgsql connector. Most of the time it runs fine, but on one query I am getting a “canceling statement due to user request” error (Code: 57014).  I figure the connection is timing out, especially since running it through pgAdmin it takes 29375+31 ms. So, I set the NpgsqlConnection CommandTimeout to 300. But it didn’t help. I’ve run through the PostgreSQL documentation, the postgresql.conf, and pg_hba.conf (for good measure) trying to find where to set the connection time for PostgreSQL. Can this be set? If so, what’s the proper configuration for that?

Thanks,

-Frances