Re: Howto Increased performace ?

От: Iain
Тема: Re: Howto Increased performace ?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Howto Increased performace ?  ("Amrit Angsusingh", )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  (Ragnar Hafstað, )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  ("Iain", )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  ("Iain", )
  Re: Howto Increased performace ?  (Cosimo Streppone, )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  (Ragnar Hafstað, )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  ("Iain", )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  ("Iain", )
 Re: Howto Increased performace ?  ("Iain", )

Hi,

These are some settings that I am planning to start with for a 4GB RAM dual
opteron system with a maximum of 100 connections:

shared_buffers 8192 (=67MB RAM)
sort_mem 4096 (=400MB RAM for 100 connections)
effective_cache_size 380000(@8KB  =3.04GB RAM)
vacuum_mem 32768 KB
wal_buffers 64
checkpoint_segments 8

In theory, effective cache size is the amount of memory left over for the OS
to cache the filesystem after running all programs and having 100 users
connected, plus a little slack.

regards
Iain