Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine?

От Henrik Steffen
Тема Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi,

thanks for this information...

we are allready using squid as a transpartent www-accelerator,
this works very well and squid handles about 70 % out of all hits.

However, sometimes some search engines use to start
indexing more than 25 DIFFERENT documents per second, this is when things
start getting more difficult .... we have played around a little
with an ip-based bandwidth-regulation tool at squid-level, which
works quite well - though you'll have to add new search-engines
on demand.

But anyway - we still have to look at the facts: we have had a 200 %
increase of visitors and pageviews during the last 6 months.

Upgrading to DBI:pg is something I have been thinking about allready,
but as far as I know, I am allready using persistent connections with
mod_perl and Pg.pm, am I not???!

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563