Re: postmaster does not shut down

От Cornelia Boenigk
Тема Re: postmaster does not shut down
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi all

> I guess closing the window kills it?
No. It doesn't kill postgresql and it doesn't kill the ipc-daemon. If you
look at the win task manager you see the processes still running. You can
kill it with the task manager but this is a rather inelegant way;-)

> $ postmaster -D /path/to/your/data/directory -i
>
> Not sure that will work, but it's a though.
It works fine;-)
I am starting/stopping the processes with small shell scripts placed in my
home directory. You can see all of them at
http://www.pgsql.info/pg_win.html

To start:
#!/bin/sh
echo
echo "PostgreSQL starten:"
postmaster -i -D /usr/share/postgresql/data &
ps -f

To stop:
#!/bin/sh
echo
echo "PostgreSQL shutdown:"
pg_ctl stop -w -D /usr/share/postgresql/data -s -m smart
ps -f

Regards
Conni
--
Datenbanklösungen + PostgreSQL + Webdesign
http://www.cornelia-boenigk.de | http://www.pgsql.info

Сообщение: Re: postmaster does not shut down
Сообщение: Re: postmaster does not shut down