Re: BUG #6698: sub-query with join producing out of memory in where clause

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: BUG #6698: sub-query with join producing out of memory in where clause
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I'm not sure what the correct fix is. I suppose we could pfree() the old=
=20
> value before overwriting it, but I'm not sure if that's safe, or if=20
> there might still be references to the old value somewhere in the executo=
r.

It will resolve the current problem but I am also not sure whether it can c=
reate
any other problem because in this function most of the work is done in per-=
query memory context.
One thing if we can clarify that why per-tuple memory context is not suffic=
ient for this value
than it can be easy to conclude on solution for this problem.=20

Another thing I have noticed is that in function ExecScanSubPlan, the simil=
ar work is not done in
Per-query memory context, I am not sure if it is of any relevance for the p=
roblem you mentioned.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.